• In the summer, these beautiful birds fly in from the open ocean to return to their nest on Haystack Rock. A single egg is laid in each nest.
• Tufted puffin eggs have an incubation period or 41 days. You can see both parents taking turns on the nest.
• They may live to be over 20 years old, with much of their life spent over open ocean.
• These puffins use their webbed feet to run across the water, building up momentum before flying into the air after a dive for food.
• Their beaks allow for them to carry up to 20 fish at a time.