As we were remodeling The House at Arch Cape, we had a hunch it was going to be a special place. Even still, we’ve been overwhelmed (and overjoyed) by the positive response from our guests! Favorite features include the chef-quality kitchen, hillside ocean views, and local art throughout, including a spectacular 10-ft. whale sculpture in the living area. Guests also love Arch Cape itself, which is less crowded than (but easily accessible to) the nearby beach towns of Cannon Beach and Manzanita.
Bring a whole pack of your favorite people—there’s room for 14!—and start collecting memorable moments on the Oregon coast. Multi-generational family reunions, in particular, find the perfect setting here. Begin the day with a sunny pancake breakfast in the state-of-the-art kitchen (with Wolf range, Viking fridge and two Miele dishwashers). Then end it with stargazing on the deck to a soundtrack of the ocean.
In fact, the Pacific is the backdrop for your entire vacation at The House at Arch Cape. Say “hello” to the sea as soon as you step inside—the two-story ocean view through the Great Room windows is one of the best welcomes in the world.
Just to the north is Hug Point State Park with its playground of beach, tide pools, caves, waterfalls and hiking trails to explore.
Back at your beach house, paintings, photographs, sculptures, and wood carvings showcase local talent (and local vistas) and bring the beauty of the area indoors. To complement the art, we used a light coastal color palette and a rich blend of woods, metals and fabrics in the décor.
The ocean views only get better out on the deck, where you’ll find a built-in, covered BBQ grill, prep station, and plenty of seating.
Work retreats find a great setting here, too. Brew a pot of coffee (or use the Keurig) and meet at the huge, rustic-minimalist dining table. You can also make use of the business center, which features a TV monitor with Bose sound for sharing, plus a wireless printer (also great for printing boarding passes). The loft also has a large TV for projecting slides, and feel free to move the furniture around to suit your needs!
BED & BATH
Each of the five bedrooms features a 30″ Smart TV and Bose sound system. Every mattress was selected for comfort and wrapped in high-quality linens.
1) Lower Level Master: King bed. Ocean view. Sitting table. En-suite bath with custom-tiled shower and vanity + soaking tub.
2) Upper Level Master: King bed. Ocean view. Sitting table. En-suite bath with custom-tiled shower and vanity, separate W/C (bathroom has a second door from the hallway).
3) First Upper Level Bedroom: Queen bed. Built-in XL bunks with extra head space (strong enough for an adult to sleep in).
4) Second Upper Level Bedroom: Same setup as the other upper level bedroom—queen bed + XL bunk.
5) Third Upper Level Bedroom: Queen Bed, with bathroom at end of hallway that can become en-suite by closing a hallway door.
The loft area features two luxury American Leather sofa sleepers for extra guests.
- Guests: 12
- View: Sprawling oceanview
- Size: 3500ft²
- Bed Type: Kings, queens, twin bunks, sleeper couches
- Categories: House
Prices start at: $650 per night (+taxes and fees)